IRB Protocol #: 1609017561
Overview: The purpose of this study is to learn more about the underlying mechanism of the heart rhythm disorder, or “arrhythmia,” known as premature ventricular contractions (PVCs), by testing whether PVCs can be terminated by a cardiac medication known as adenosine. Previous studies have given us some reasons to believe that the answer is yes, but it is not known for sure. The findings of this study may help us understand how this cardiac condition comes about, and may ultimately lead to new treatments for it (and possibly other arrhythmias).
This trial is not funded.
Eligible patients must:
• Be older than 18
• Have frequent monomorphic PVCs
• Be undergoing a catheter ablation
Patients cannot participate if:
• Diagnosed with severe aortic stenosis
• Diagnosed with structural heart disease
• Currently being treated with antiarrhythmic drugs
• Diagnosed with asthma
Dr. James Ip
Phone: (212) 746-2158
Phone: (212) 746-4857