Welcome to the Maurice R. and Corinne P. Greenberg Division of Cardiology
How Is Our Division Unique?
- Outstanding doctors: Our cardiologists are leaders in the field and highly specialized in diagnosing, treating, and managing a wide range of cardiovascular conditions.
- Individualized care: Our team is small. We take the time to focus on each patient and develop long-term relationships. This approach has achieved a high level of patient satisfaction.
- Strong network: As a patient, you have access to all specialists at Weill Cornell Medicine/NewYork-Presbyterian. This means you receive effective, comprehensive care, including at the Ronald O. Perelman Heart Institute.
- Leading research: Our Division is continuing a history of innovative research. Many of our findings have set standards for cardiovascular care.
Message from the Chief
Our mission is to be at the forefront of the scientific and technological developments that are revolutionizing cardiology and translating these findings to the clinical bedside.
Weill Cornell Cardiology has had a long and distinguished history of discovery and the introduction of significant advances to the field. Among other achievements, these include:
- Introducing anticoagulation for the treatment of acute myocardial infarction
- Developing the Cardiac Care Unit (CCU)
- Pioneering the use of the intra-aortic balloon pump
- Defining the role of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system in the pathogenesis of hypertension and congestive heart failure and their treatment with ACE inhibitors
- Identifying the cellular and molecular bases of outflow tract ventricular tachycardia
Weill Cornell Cardiology is founded on a strategic alliance between innovative scientists and dedicated academic clinicians. Our internationally renowned laboratories work to uncover the underlying mechanisms of cardiovascular disease, such as the genetics of heart disease and the molecular basis for cardiac arrhythmias.
At the same time, an outstanding team of physician-scientists brings leading-edge therapies to the clinical bedside in cardiac catheterization, carotid stenting, cardiac electrophysiology, heart failure, cardiac MRI, and vascular medicine.
I invite you to explore the pages of our website.Here you will learn about our expert clinical faculty, our nationally recognized specialty practices, our state-of-the-art facilities, our educational opportunities and our ongoing research projects. You can find out how to make an appointment and what to do to prepare for your visit, get help with billing and insurance, and download forms you can print and fill out at home.
We are proud of our past but have our sights set on the future. The dynamics of change inspire and invigorate our desire to continue to attract elite new faculty and distinguished trainees, ensuring our ability to meet the challenges of providing innovative and compassionate care to our patients.
Bruce B. Lerman, M.D.
H. Altschul Master Professor of Medicine