Congenital heart disease is the most common form of birth defect. Thanks to modern-day advances in medical and surgical care, most children born with serious congenital heart defects survive long into adulthood.
In the US, there are now more adults with congenital heart disease than children. This is evidence of phenomenal medical successes, but also means that many adults with congenital heart disease require lifelong care to live a long and healthy life.
Personalized Care for Life
The Weill Cornell Center for Adult Congenital Heart Disease provides individualized care for adult patients with congenital heart disease. Our specialized care maximizes the cardiac health and social well-being of our patients.
We offer patients:
- Consultative services, including outpatient and inpatient
- The most advanced imaging technology for diagnosis (3D-echocardiography, intracardiac echo, cardiac MRI, and cardiac CT)
- Cutting-edge minimally invasive surgical options
- Comprehensive cardiac and medical management
- Therapeutic interventional cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology therapeutics
- Partnership with surgical specialists with expertise in congenital heart disease and perioperative management
- High-risk obstetrics and gynecology consultative services
- Transition clinic for young adults with congenital heart disease (in partnership with Cornell Pediatrics Cardiology)
Conditions and Treatments
We treat all conditions and disease related to Adult Congenital Heart Disease, including:
- Anomalous pulmonary venous connections
- Anomalous coronary artery disease
- Aortic valve disease
- Atrial septal defect (ASD)
- Coarctation of the aorta
- Complex congenital heart disease
- Coronary anomalies
- Ebstein’s anomaly
- Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA)
- Patent foramen ovale (PFO)
- Pulmonary hypertension associated with congenital heart disease (Eisenmenger syndrome)
- Pulmonary regurgitation
- Pulmonary stenosis
- Single ventricle
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Transposition of the great arteries (TGA)
- Tricuspid atresia
- Truncus arteriosus
- Ventricular septal defect (VSD)
Treatments available at Weill Cornell Medicine
Our cardiac interventional team offers expertise in performing minimally invasive and hybrid interventions in congenital heart disease including:
Percutaneous closure of:
- Atrial septal defects
- Patent ductus arteriosus
- Patent foramen ovale
- Vascular and coronary fistulas
- Ventricular septal defects
Angioplasty and stenting:
- Aortic coarctation
- Pulmonary arterial stenosis
- Pulmonary vein stenosis
- Transcatheter valve replacement & repair.
- Balloon valvuloplasty
Complex congenital heart disease procedures:
- Baffle Stenting (e.g. SVC baffle stenosis)
- Fontan interventions
- Clinical Adult Congenital Cardiologists: Harsimran Singh, M.D., Jonathan Ginns, M.D.,
- Congenital Heart Surgeons: Leonard N. Girardi, M.D., Emile Bacha, M.D. Paul Chai, M.D. and Damien LePar, M.D.
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: Jonathan Ginns, M.D. and Harsimran Singh, M.D.
- Congenital Interventional Cardiology Team: Harsimran Singh, M.D., Ralf Hozer, M.D., and Geoffrey Bergman, M.D.,
- Marfan’s Clinic / Aortic Disease: Richard Devereux, M.D. and Mary Roman, M.D.
- Medical Genetics: Christopher Cunniff, M.D.
- MRI / CT: Jonathan Weinsaft, M.D. and Jiwon Kim, M.D. & Quynh Truong M.D.
- Pediatric Cardiology Team: Ralf Hozer, M.D., Seema Abraham, M.B., B.S., Sheila J. Carroll, M.D., Jeffrey Dayton, M.D., Patrick A. Flynn, M.D., Jeffrey Howard Kern, M.D. and Leonard G. Steinberg, M.D.
- Pregnancy & Heart Disease: Jonathan Ginns, M.D., Evelyn Horn, M.D., Harsimran Singh, M.D.
- Pulmonary Hypertension (Eisenmenger Syndrome): Evelyn Horn, M.D., Parag Goyal, M.D., Udhay Krishnan, M.D., Maria Karas, M.D. and Irina Sobol, M.D.
- Cardiac Care Associates for Adult Congenital Heart Disease: Jillian Nati, NP, Morgan Burrell, NP, Donna Marotti, RDCS, FASE, Brooke Goedde, RDCS, RDMS, Regina Pascale, RDCS, Zhibin Li, RDCS, RDMS
Request an Appointment
To make an appointment to see one of our physicians with expertise in Adult Congenital Heart Disease:
- Contact our physician offices directly by calling: 646-962-ACHD (2243)
- If you are already an established patient: You can request an appointment online, using Weill Cornell Connect. We will make every effort to contact you within 24 hours.
Our staff is here to help coordinate your care. They will provide you with information on our physicians, their areas of expertise and help arrange for your visit and testing as needed.
Jonathan N. Ginns, MBBS, M.D.
|Assistant Professor of Medicine, Director Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, Associate Director Adult Congential Heart Disease||646-962-2243||Full Profile|
Harsimran Sachdeva Singh, M.D.
|Assistant Professor of Medicine, Director Adult Congenital Heart Disease, Director Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship||646-962-2243||Full Profile|