What to Bring
To help you and your physician prepare for your visit, below is a list of to do items:
For new patients and consultations, please submit the following prior to your scheduled visit. You can send via fax to 212-746-8451, or mail to 520 East 70th Street, Starr 465, New York, NY 10021:
- Copies of medical records of any cardiac related tests or procedures such as operative reports, echocardiography, stress testing, cardiac catheterization, cardiac CT & MRI reports, EKG results, recent blood work/labs. You may also sign this Medical Records Release Form.pdf and our office will request the records directly.
- Please complete a New Patient Questionnaire
On the day of your visit, for both new and established patients, here is a list of items to bring:
- A list of all the medications that you are taking (include names and dosages)
- Your preferred pharmacy name, address, phone and fax
- Your insurance card(s)
- Contact information of your referring physician and primary care physician
- A list of questions or your concerns
What to Expect
Please arrive on time for your scheduled appointment and check-in at the front desk. Our front-desk staff may need you to verify certain demographic information, insurance data and will require for your signature on certain privacy notification and release forms. At this time, we also will ask you to pay any co-payment if applicable.
Once in the exam room, our clinical technicians will take your blood pressure, an EKG, your weight and review with you your medication list. Your doctor will evaluate your medical history, any prior test results, and conduct a physical exam. Your doctor will discuss the results with you and recommend a treatment plan and possible additional testing which can be scheduled upon your check out. We encourage you to ask questions – you are often the key to your cardiovascular health.
We also have an excellent staff of nurse practitioners, registered nurses, clinical technicians and patient coordinators who are here to make your visit as comfortable as possible and to help you with any questions or concerns that you may have.